Shipping and Returns Policy
The four most important things:
1. You will be responsible for the unloading of your pergola kit when it arrives unless you choose White Glove Delivery Service with the freight company (additional charges will apply for this). It is more economical to hire someone locally to unload this for you versus the freight company’s white glove delivery.
2. We do require you to schedule your pergola kit delivery within 72 hours of its arrival at your local distribution facility.
3. If on some rare occurrence there is damage to any parts of your pergola kit due to shipping – we will replace these parts immediately at no cost to you. Once arrived at your location, do not reject your pergola kit’s shipment for any reason.
4. We do not accept returns of pergola kits once they are paid for in full and have left our fabrication facility.
The Shipping Process
1. Once your order is placed with Heartland Pergolas, you will receive a lead time from your estimator.
2. When your pergola kit is fabricated and shipped out, your estimator will provide you with tracking information on your pergola kit as it ships to you.
3. The freight company will call you once the pergola kit has arrived at their local distribution center – they will schedule the delivery to you (see #2 in the four most important things above).
4. Unless you have chosen White Glove Delivery Service, you will be responsible to unload your pergola kit by forklift or by hand (see below for details).
If you have a specific question that is not addressed here or anything is unclear – please call us at 563.345.6745.
How long will it take to receive my order?
We individually package each pergola kit to ensure you get all the materials you need to build it. You’ll receive an estimated ship date once your order has been processed. Most orders are ready to ship within ten (10) business days. Large, custom, or special orders can take a little longer. If you need a rush order or are concerned about lead times, please contact an estimator before you make your purchase to ensure we can meet your deadline.
Can I pick up my order from your facility?
If you just can’t wait to start building your own pergola, you’re welcome to pick up your order directly from our facility in Davenport, Iowa! As long as you don’t ask for a discount, we’ll even load it onto your truck or trailer for you! (Lemonade will be provided, but you’ll have to bring your own lawn chair.)
What should I expect when my pergola kit is delivered?
You’ll be contacted by your assigned freight company when your pergola kit arrives at the freight company’s location distribution center. They will schedule a time and date to deliver your kit. You must be present to receive and unload your shipment. There are three methods of unloading your pergola kit (each detailed below): White Glove Delivery, Forklift, or Hand Unload.
What is White Glove Service?
For an additional flat rate of $350 – $500, your order will be unloaded and stored in the nearest dry area to the delivery truck (i.e., a garage). White-Glove Delivery is available to residential, medical, and retail facilities. We regret we are unable to unload your pergola kit beyond the first dry area for you.
What if I choose to unload the delivery myself?
Commercial Customers – Forklift
If you have a loading dock, we encourage you to use your forklift to unload the truck. If not, you’ll need to follow the same procedure as our residential customers to hand unload – unpack each piece and verify it against your packing list.
Residential Customers – Hand Unload
You’ll need to open the package and unload the beams, rafters, and columns by hand. Accessories, caps, and fasteners are included in separate boxes on your pallet. You should verify each component against your packing list and note any missing or damaged items on your packing slip before signing. You will need a hammer or crowbar to open up the top of the crate and then you may start unloading your pergola kit. The freight company will be instructed to allow you 20 – 30 minutes to unload your pergola kit.
How many people are needed to unload the shipment by hand?
While a single person who is capable of lifting up to 80 pounds could unload the whole shipment alone, we recommend having a helper. Please note: If you do not choose White Glove Delivery, the truck driver is not required to help.
What if there are missing or damaged parts in my delivery?
Do not reject the delivery! Please recognize that although we have wonderful reviews and provide ourselves with customer service – we are still human. If anything is damaged or incorrect we will take care of it right away (within 24 hours). If any parts of your order are missing, incorrect, or damaged, call 563-345-6745 to let us know, and we’ll take care of getting a replacement to you as quickly as possible at no cost to you – even if we have to remake your entire kit. There’s no need to file a claim with the carrier – we’ll take care of everything.
You must notify us of damaged parts within 24 hours of the received the shipment for us to replace them at no cost. We will not replace parts for free two weeks after they have been delivered.
Damaged shade purlins
It’s very rare for anything to show up damaged (or for you to damage anything during installation). That being said, the most common thing to damage would be your shade purlins. These are vinyl-only pieces so they are the most susceptible to being damaged during the shipping or installation process. If these are damaged (whether it is our fault or yours) these will be UPS’d out to you as spliced replacement parts in 6′ increments or less. These are incredibly easy to replace and splicing them inside the shade piece holders is not a difficult process. You may refer to our purlin splice PDF on how this is done. Please call us at 563-345-6745 if you don’t feel comfortable cutting your spliced replacements to size and fitting them into the shade piece holder. We can walk you through the process.
Each of our pergola kits is custom-made to your specifications. For that reason, we do not accept returns once your kit has been paid for in full and fabricated. If you have questions or concerns regarding this – we encourage you to call and clarify with us at 563.345.6745.
Ask Us A Question
Can’t find the information you need? Email us and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
Where to next?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for please give us a quick call at 563-345-6745 or use our chat box in the bottom left corner of your screen!